OpenALPR is an open source Automatic License Plate Recognition library written in C++ with bindings in C#, Java, Node.js, and Python. The library analyzes images and video streams to identify license plates. The output is the text representation of any license plate characters.
The software can be used in many different ways. For example, with OpenALPR, you can:
- Recognize license plates from camera streams. The results are browsable, searchable, and can trigger alerts. The data repository can be in the cloud or stored entirely within your on-site network.
- Recognize license plates from camera streams and send the results to your own application.
- Process a video file and store the license plate results in a CSV and SQLite database.
- Analyze still images from the command-line
- Integrate license plate recognition into your application directly in-code (C/C++, C#, VB.NET, Java, Python, Node.js)
- Watchman Quick Start
- OpenALPR Watchman
- OpenALPR API
- Forensic Plate Finder
- Open Source
- Camera Configuration
- Release Notes